Monday, February 24, 2014

GIRLS ONLY Valentine's Dinner Party

I love Valentine's Day. I love watching everyone get dressed up, surprise each other with flowers, and post cute pictures. It's such a happy holiday in the middle of winter. The flowers and bright colors make me excited for spring.

Most of my friends are either with a committed boyfriend, have a finance, or are already married. It's so exciting to hear about everyone's Valentine's Day plans. I'm single so I went out to the mall with one of my girlfriends on Friday and spent the money I would've spent on a boyfriend on myself. What a treat! It was a wonderful night! She is such a fun girl that I didn't even THINK about being sad because of my singleness.

On Saturday night (the day after Valentine's) my roommate and I hosted a Valentines' Girls Night for all of our close girlfriends. We had wanted to do it actually on Valentine's but that wouldn't be fair to our friends who do have boyfriends. I love planning dinner parties but this one was even better because we were celebrating Valentine's Day!

Our menu -
Make-your-own sandwich cold cuts and rolls
So many veggies
Pretzels
Hummus
Brownies
Strawberry/pudding/shortbread parfaits
Sparkling strawberry lemonade
Coffee (of course!)

We decorated with the cutest heart garland that my roommate made. We placed little Justin Bieber valentines around the table as place settings (found them at Goodwill and they were too hilarious to pass up!) I created a wordsearch full of Valentines-y words, such as 'love', 'sweetheart', 'chocolate', and of course 'AudreyHepburn' and 'TheNotebook'. The winners got to take home some bouquets that I created. It was so much fun!

Our party favors were gift bags full of flower seeds and candy. Afterwards some of us dressed up and went to a local ballroom for a long night of swing dancing. It was such a blessing to celebrate Valentine's Day weekend with good friends.



Our playlist for the night was hours long but included "All the Pretty Girls" by fun. which was PERFECT because this dinner party was on a Saturday night. Ha! 

What a great Valentine's weekend to store in my memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment