Sunday, September 10, 2017

Human Acts by Han Kang: My First E-Book



My favorite hobby is going to thrift stores and buying frayed, well loved books with dog eared pages and bent spines. I love putting a book in my purse or in my car and reading anytime, anywhere.

I have been wanting to read Human Acts by Han Kang for a while, and I decided to try an e-book. I am very disappointed, and it's not Human Acts' fault! Because this was my first e-book, I had trouble getting into the change from a print book to an electronic copy. I like to cuddle up and read, and it felt like a hassle to download the book and get an electronic devise every time I wanted to read a few pages. With that said, I will not be getting another e-book anytime soon. But about the book...

This book is an emotional story, centered around protests in South Korea. I love learning about different cultures, and not just the fun outfits or traditional food, but the deep stuff. The pain, the beliefs, the morals, the wars. And that's what this book is about, as it follows stories of pains and losses, and how people heal.

It is so interested to me to read a book with a plot so near and dear to the author himself. Since the book is about Han Kang's hometown, it makes the book even more special, with a feeling of importance in every chapter. This book was clearly special to the author.

I would recommend (a hard copy of) this book!

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment