Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Real Doctor Will See You Shortly: Laughing At Life's Curveballs



Through Blogging for Books, I received a free copy of The Real Doctor Will See You Shortly by Matt McCarthy in exchange for an honest review.

As a Grey's Anatomy lover, I was instantly drawn to this book. I first thought that it would be a million short stories of a physician's first year.

While there are many different patients, different doctors, and different experiences, they all flow together beautifully, as Matt McCarthy is honest about his personal and professional struggles. A careless mistake turns his whole life upside down as he does his best to remain committed to his patients.

The lessons he learned throughout his years inspired me. Although I am in the education field and the only medical issues I'll have to deal with is some bloody noses from a hardcore recess, I was inspired by the hardwork that Matt McCarthy and his colleagues devoted their lives to. My respect to all in the medical field has heightened.

While serious issues are brought up without sugar coating anything, his stories are filled with humorous antics of patients and other doctors. I was laughing my way through the book.

I've never read any book like this. So personal, so funny, and so inspiring. I recommend this to anyone and everyone (as long as descriptions of procedures and wounds won't freak you out!). Five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment