Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Inspiralized: The Most Creative Gluten Free Dishes



Through Blogging for Books, I was given a free copy of Inspiralized by Ali Maffucci in exchange for an honest review.

For Christmas, I received a Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer. It can be found on Amazon here. Because I am gluten-free, I was excited to learn that there was a kitchen tool that could change vegetables into noodles. However, I had no idea how to do it, and the instruction manual that came with the tool lacked inspiration.

I was so excited to find this cookbook! It lists over twenty vegetables and fruits that you can make into SO many different recipes. I thought you could make only pasta, but this has recipes for breakfast "bagels", soups, and even desserts. My roommate and I were drooling over each page. The bright, fresh pictures made me daydream of summer potlucks where I could bring one of these dishes.

Fortunately for some but unfortunately for me, this cookbook is not vegan. I'll have to play around with a lot of recipes and make some substitutions, which I am used to, but I was a little disappointed that there were few vegan recipes in this cookbook. I am pretty sure that all of them are gluten-free, since all pastas and main ingredients are made out of vegetables or fruits!

All in all, I really enjoyed this cookbook. I learned a lot and I am excited to try these recipes and use my new spiralizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment